A team of experts qualified in the development and management of digital solutions for open and social learningWeb2learn co-founders
Katerina Zourou, Ph.D, is a recognized researcher in the area of digital (language) education, having produced a research book, journal special issues, and several peer reviewed papers (full list). She is regularly invited to give invited talks or to participate to expert panels.
Katerina is the Director of Web2Learn and gives lectures at masters level (University of Grenoble Alpes, France, and Hellenic Open University, Greece).
Research publications available on:
- Co-initiator and member of INOS “Integrating open and citizen science into active learning approaches in higher education” (2019-2022)
- Member of Catapult “Computer Assisted Training and Platforms to upskill teachers of Languages for Specific Purposes” (2018-2021)
- Member of CRETE “Critical Skills for Electronic Engineers of 2020” (2018-2020)
- Member of iPEN “Innovative Photonics Education in Nanotechnology” (2017-2020)
- Member of the MOONLITE “Massive Open Online courses eNhancing LInguistic and Transversal skills for social inclusion and Employability” (2016-2019).
Ended projects funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe
- Expert for Council of Europe’s “Education Portal for Online Learning” (ORD).
- Member of Elang “digital literacy for the teaching/learning of languages” supported by the Council of Europe/ECML.
- Co-initiator and member of GraDAna “Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Iranian HE Graduates through Data Analytics”.
- Technical expert of the EACEA study “The impact of ICT and new media on language learning”. Available in English, French and German.
- Project initiator and manager of the network LangOER “Enhancing teaching and learning of less used languages through Open Educational Resources (OER).
Invited talks (selection)
- (2018). Crowdsourcing in language learning and teaching: “small” languages’ achievements. Reykjavik, University of Iceland, March 9. Slides.
- (2016). Keynote talk at the symposium «The Future of Learning: Critical Perspectives on Higher Education in the Digital Age». University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK. June 22. Programme and slides.
- (2014). “Social media for communication purposes of Erasmus projects”. Invited by European Commission’s EACEA to give a presentation to the coordinator’s meeting of the EC-funded Erasmus projects. Brussels, January 23. (slides)
- (2013). «Open Education: multilingual, user driven and glocalised». Invitation by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre to join the dedicated foresight workshop on the development of a common vision of the Future of Open Education. Seville, April 29-30.
- (2013). Médias sociaux et apprentissage des langues: quelle(s) nouveauté(s)? Colloque ALSIC, Montpellier, 12-13 December (slides)
- Member of the European expert team representing the European Union at China-EU conference on multilingualism, Beijing 1-2 December, 2012, during the EU-China year of Multilingualism (Invitation).
- (2011) “Social networks and language learning in Europe”. 2011 EU-China Multilingualism Conference, Brussels, May 19 (With Claudia Albanese, Mikkel Strørup). Programme.
- (2010). Web 2.0 and how it affects development of language resources, materials and methods: perceptions by media and publishing houses. Invited by National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taichung, Taiwan, May 6, 2010.
- (2010). Tellecollaboration and Web 2.0 tools in educational contexts: exploring boundaries between formal and informal learning. Invited by National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan. May 14, 2010.
- (2009). ”What is intercultural competence and how can we use it in connection to international youth work projects?”. Round table on Intercultural Competence organised by SALTO –Youth (Support, Advanced Learning and Training Opportunities within the European YOUTH programme). Rome, Italy, 25 – 29 May 2009.
An example of highly cited paper.
Alexandros is the co-owner of the company and one of its founding members. He studied electronics and telecommunication systems in Thessaloniki. He currently works on ICT and digital technologies. He supervises Web2Learn projects from a technological point of view, namely the technological suitability of learning and training solutions.Web2learn associates
Αngeliki Tseliou is a creative content specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the communications, writing, translation and editing industry. Motivated active citizen possessing important know-how in managing community engagement and civil society networking projects. Experienced literary translator, holding a BA in Linguistics and an MA in Modern Greek Literature from Paris IV (Paris-Sorbonne).
Anna holds a Master’s degree in English Philology from the University of Opole, Poland. Since 2009, she has been an academic teacher specialising in the use of digital technologies in language learning and teaching. Her research interests part from new technologies in language learning and teaching are: open licenses and openness in education. Currently, she is involved in various projects where she acts as an online content creator.
Giulia holds a Bachelor degree in oriental languages and cultures (Arabic & Turkish) from the University Cà’ Foscari of Venice and a Master’s degree in International Relations from the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO) in Paris. She has also studied law (LL.B.) at the Sorbonne University. Giulia worked for over a year as European project management assistant at the University of Luxembourg, where she organized and managed all activities (project application, implementation and finalization) related to Lifelong Learning Programme projects as well as research projects funded by the EU 7th Framework Programme and the European Space Agency.Web2learn past associates
Ioannis specializes in the use of ICT in Professional Development of Educators, Distance Education and the use of Social Media for Training. Ioannis has a Major in Pedagogy and in Science, an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in Physics Education & ICT in Education. He has many years of experience in the Pre-Service and also in the In-Service Training of Teachers. He is a certified trainer in the “Use of ICT in Education” program administered by the Ministry of Education and has participated in many National and European research programs. He is also a co-author of many research papers published in national and international journals.
Dr. Tatiana Codreanu holds a PhD in Applied Linguistics (University Lumière Lyon 2, France). Her doctoral dissertation presented a transdisciplinary research on online interaction analysis, ethology and user experience in digital contexts. Tatiana brings extensive experience in designing and implementing elearning solutions and MOOCs and she worked as a part of the Web2Learn team on various EU projects. In addition, to bringing her digital learning expertise, she also brings extensive experience in designing and implementing social media strategy for start-ups, senior executives and diplomats. Tatiana presented at numerous international conferences, published papers and serves as a peer reviewer in international academic journals.