European Commision, Horizon Europe
October 2022 – April 2023 (6 months)
Open access resource
The project “Academic activism as manifestation of societal engagement and social innovation in responsible research” (Re_Act) is a business-academia joint venture that aims to foster research on new forms of responsible research within and beyond universities. The project focuses on academic activists who are seen as active citizens in multilingual, multicultural societies and as agents of social change.
The Re_Act project not only questioned the role of formal education and academic identities in tackling emergent socio-environmental challenges (e.g., climate change) but also brought to the fore the role of technology and social networks in achieving responsible research.
Key project outcomes
● A podcast series with academic activists.
● A research workshop on academic activism in Roskilde (January 2023).
● Roskilde University (DK), coordinator (Laura Horn)
● University Paris 8 (FR) (Anthippi Potolia)
● Web2Learn (GR) (Katerina Zourou)