European Commission- Erasmus+ Cyprus National Agency
Erasmus+ KA2, Youth sector
April 2023 – April 2025 (24 months)
Open access resource
FORTHE aims to address barriers to social inclusion and participation of youth with disabilities through urban sports as well as raise awareness of the impact of climate change on disabled youth. The project will engage young persons with disabilities and their local communities in digitally-enhanced environmental action thanks to the implementation of green 3×3 wheelchair basketball tournaments at national and pan-European level.
FORTHE’s activities are designed to incorporate the green dimension of urban sports and adopt an eco-friendly way to organise sports events for disabled youth. The project foresees strengthening youth organisations in implementing green urban sports for disabled youth through capacity building and staff upskilling activities.
Key project outcomes
● A curated showcase of resources on the impact of post-Covid-19 on the wellbeing of disabled youth and the role of physical activity/sports.
● An open access publication “Barriers and opportunities in organising green urban sports for disabled persons in Europe”.
● 4 local 3×3 wheelchair basketball tournaments.
● 1 transnational 3×3 wheelchair basketball tournament.
● The FORTHE Manifesto for green urban sports as trigger for social inclusion and climate action.
● 3on3 Cyprus LTD (CY), coordinator
● Sport Evolution Alliance (PT)
● Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Margherita Sport e Vita (IT)
● Fundacja Ego Power (PL)
● Web2Learn (GR)