European Commission- Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe – Reforming and enhancing the European R&I System Programme
August 2022 – July 2026 (48 months)
Open access resource,
ECS aims to expand and strengthen the European Citizen Science community through capacity building and public outreach activities in several fields (social inclusion, open data, policymaking, etc.). The project focuses also on raising awareness and enlarging the citizen science networks in Europe by forging collaborations with new actors and entities. ECS includes a series of knowledge exchange and diffusion activities as well as dissemination and outreach events.
ECS foresees increasing citizen participation in science and advocacy by promoting the democratisation of open and citizen science. The project seeks to strengthen collaboration between existing citizen science initiatives, while encouraging interactions with EU-funded projects and outputs from citizen science actions.
Key project outcomes
● Release a Best practices report for collaborative development of CS data infrastructures.
● Create the European Citizen Science Academy.
● Establish 28 new Citizen Science Ambassadors in Europe
● Verein Der Europaeischen Burgerwissenschaften – Ecsa E.V., coordinator
● Stickydot Srl
● Science For Change
● Fundacion Ibercivis
● Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior De Investigaciones Científicas
● Museum Für Naturkunde – Leibniz-Institut Für Evolutions- Und Biodiversitätsforschung
● Zentrum Für Soziale Innovation Gmbh
● Marie Curie Alumni Association
● Public Libraries 2030
● Universite De Paris
● Nilu Stiftelsen Norsk Institutt Forluftforskning
● Nordlicht Management Consultants Gmbh
● Universiteit Leiden
● Cofac Cooperativa De Formação E Animação Cultural
● The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars & The Other Members Of Board, Of The College Of The Holy & Undivided Trinity Of Queen
● Elizabeth Near Dublin
● Nordisk Fond For Miljø Og Udvikling
● The Mofet Institute – The School For The Research And Development Of
● Programs In Teacher Training And Education At Colleges
● Fondazione Grosseto Cultura
● Institute Of Geonics Of The AS CR
● Plavi Svijet Institut Za Istrazivanje I Zastitu Mora