Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie
Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie- Programme pour les Caraïbes
December 2020 – March 2021 (4 months)
Open access resource,
Web2Learn has been invited by the “Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie” (AUF) to offer a second round of training from December 2020 to March 2021. A service contract, between the Caribbean Directorate-General of AUF as a funding body, and our company as a service provider, has been established for the benefit of two universities in the Caribbean: the Central University “Marta Abreu” of Las Villas, Cuba, and the University of the West Indies, Jamaica. Those two universities were the beneficiaries of the service. “Digital transformation through innovative pedagogies in higher education” was the main theme of the training that was adjusted to the needs of each institution.
Key project outcomes
● The creation of an agreed roadmap containing tasks, responsibilities, quality assurance, milestones and a timeline.
● The coaching of four working groups, each one on a different innovative pedagogy (flipped classroom, project-based learning, telecollaboration and gamification). The groups consisted of one local leader and UCLV staff members and were coached online.
● Two training sessions on content generation through various software.
● A training session on videoconferencing tools.
● Two hands-on sessions on Telecollaboration in practice. The UWI staff was very eager to set up virtual exchanges with French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean speaking teams from foreign countries.
● At least two project-based learning initiatives bringing together several UWI staff, that combine language learning, creative writing, digital literacy and intercultural communication.
We would like to thank AUF and the two partner universities for their trust and we look forward to more collaboration opportunities in the future!