European Commission- Erasmus+ Dutch National Agency
Erasmus+ KA2, Higher education sector
October 2023 – March 2026 (30 months)
Open access resource
The project aims to promote social innovation and entrepreneurship in water management through advanced technologies in harvesting and desalination practices. Acting4Water partners will develop educational resources and activities to raise awareness and address water scarcity through business-academia synergies. In particular, the project focuses on integrating citizen science in university courses regarding water scarcity as a means of encouraging civic engagement and advocacy.
The Acting4Water project is structured on an innovative business-academia-society cooperation to offer a multidimensional open training programme to academic communities as well as to the general public. Acting4Water aims to enhance education related to water scarcity, and will this conduct a landscape analysis of the existing training practices to identify their effectiveness and explore emerging new directions.
Key project outcomes
● Online lecture series.
● Α collection of open educational resources.
● Assessment on university training and courses
● 3-day summer camp.
● Business cafés
● Citizen science mini-projects
● STICHTING NHL STENDEN HOGESCHOOL (NL), coordinator
● University of the Aegean (GR)
● University of Girona (ES)
● University of Ljubljana (SI)
● Stichting Centre of Expertise Water Technologies (NL)
● Web2Learn (GR)