A team of qualified e-learning experts with experience in development and management of elearning solutions…Web2learn co-founders
Katerina Zourou, Ph.D, is a recognized researcher in the area of digital (language) education, having produced a research book, journal special issues, and several peer reviewed papers (full list). She is regularly invited to give invited talks or to participate to expert panels.
Katerina is the Director of Web2Learn and gives lectures at master level at University of Grenoble Alpes (France) and the Hellenic Open University (Greece).
- Co-initiator and member of GraDAna project “Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Iranian HE Graduates through Data Analytics” (2016-2018).
- Member of the MOONLITE project “Massive Open Online courses eNhancing LInguistic and Transversal skills for social inclusion and Employability” (2016-2019).
- Member of Elang project “digital literacy for the teaching/learning of languages” supported by the Council of Europe/ European Centre for Modern languages (2016-2018).
- Project initiator and manager of the KA2 network LangOER “Enhancing teaching and learning of less used langauges through Open Educational Resources (OER) and Practices (OEP) (2014-2016)
- Project initiator and member of the KA2 ExplOERer project “Supporting OER re-use in learning ecosystems” (2014-2016)
- Project initiator and manager of the KA4 Web2LLP project “Improving web strategies and maximizing the social media presence of LLP projects” (2012-2014)
- Project initiator and manager of the KA2 LS6 Network “language learning and social media: 6 key dialogues” (2010-2012)
- Technical expert of the EACEA study “The impact of ICT and new media on language learning”. A 2.5 year pan-European study carried out successfully upon a call for tenders.
- Technical expert of the EACEA study “Successful Methods Used to Motivate European Citizens to Learn Languages”. A 2-year pan-european study carried out successfully upon a call for tenders.
Invited talks (selection)
- (2016). Keynote talk at the symposium «The Future of Learning: Critical Perspectives on Higher Education in the Digital Age». University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK. June 22. Programme and slides.
- (2014). “Social media for communication purposes of Erasmus projects”. Invited by European Commission’s EACEA to give a presentation to the coordinator’s meeting of the EC-funded Erasmus projects. Brussels, January 23. (slides)
- (2013). «Open Education: multilingual, user driven and glocalised». Invitation by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre to join the dedicated foresight workshop on the development of a common vision of the Future of Open Education. Seville, April 29-30.
- (2013). Médias sociaux et apprentissage des langues: quelle(s) nouveauté(s)? Colloque ALSIC, Montpellier, 12-13 December (slides)
- (2013). “Languages and social media: three opportunities and one threa” “Languages for mobility, jobs and active citizenship” conference. Organised by DG EAC and Lithuanian presidency of the Council of European Union. Vilnius, Lithuania, 25 & 26 September.
- (2010). Presentation of the EU-funded “Study on the Impact of ICT and New Media on Language Learning”; 2009-2010). Invited by the European Commission Executive Agency to Eurocall conference, University Bordeaux III, Sept. 9, 2010. http://eurocall2010.u-bordeaux4.fr/docs_en/programme.htm
- (2010). Web 2.0 and how it affects development of language resources, materials and methods: perceptions by media and publishing houses. Invited by National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taichung, Taiwan, May 6, 2010.
- (2010). Tellecollaboration and Web 2.0 tools in educational contexts: exploring boundaries between formal and informal learning. Invited by National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan. May 14, 2010.
- (2009). ”What is intercultural competence and how can we use it in connection to international youth work projects?”. Round table on Intercultural Competence organised by SALTO –Youth (Support, Advanced Learning and Training Opportunities within the European YOUTH programme). Rome, Italy, 25 – 29 May 2009.
An example of highly cited paper.
Alexandros is the co-owner of the company and one of its founding members. He studied electronics and telecommunication systems in Thessaloniki. He currently works on ICT and digital technologies. He supervises Web2Learn projects from a technological point of view, namely the technological suitability of learning and training solutions.Web2learn associates
Anna holds a Master’s degree in English Philology from the University of Opole, Poland. Since 2009, she has been an academic teacher specialising in the use of digital technologies in language learning and teaching. Her research interests part from new technologies in language learning and teaching are: open licenses and openness in education. Currently, she is involved in various projects where she acts as an online content creator. Anna is involved in the iPEN project
Ioannis specializes in the use of ICT in Professional Development of Educators, Distance Education and the use of Social Media for Training. Ioannis has a Major in Pedagogy and in Science, an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in Physics Education & ICT in Education. He has many years of experience in the Pre-Service and also in the In-Service Training of Teachers. He is a certified trainer in the “Use of ICT in Education” program administered by the Ministry of Education and has participated in many National and European research programs, co-financed by the Socrates and the Lifelong Learning Programme and the Erasmus+ programme, contributing to the development of educational software and other digital teaching materials. He is also a co-author of many research papers published in national and international conference proceedings and in an international journal, listed below:
- Maria Mitsiaki and Ioannis Lefkos (2018), ELeFyS: A Greek Illustrated Science Dictionary for School, 18ο EURALEX International Congress, Ljubljana, Slovenia, http://euralex2018.cjvt.si/publication/
- Molohidis A., Lefkos I., Taramopoulos A., Hatzikraniotis E. and Psillos D. (2015), Web-based Virtual Labs. A Cosmos – Evidence – Ideas as a Design Framework Leading to Good Practice, 7th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2015), Lisbon, Portugal
- Zourou, K., Lefkos, I. (2015). Open Educational Resources (OER) in less used languages: a European state-of-the art report and insights into the Greek landscape, 22nd International Symposium on Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of English, Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics.
- Lefkos I., Psillos D., Hatzikraniotis E. (2011) Designing experiments about thermal interactions by secondary students in a simulated laboratory environment. Research in Science & Technological Education, Vol 29 (2). Routledge.
Giulia holds a Bachelor degree in oriental languages and cultures (Arabic & Turkish) from the University Cà’ Foscari of Venice and a Master’s degree in International Relations from the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO) in Paris. She has also studied law (LL.B.) at the Sorbonne University.
Giulia worked for over a year as European project management assistant at the University of Luxembourg, where she organized and managed all activities (project application, implementation and finalization) related to Lifelong Learning Programme projects as well as research projects funded by the EU 7th Framework Programme and the European Space Agency.
Dr. Tatiana Codreanu holds a PhD in Applied Linguistics (University Lumière Lyon 2, France). Her doctoral dissertation presented a transdisciplinary research on online interaction analysis, ethology and user experience in digital contexts. Tatiana brings extensive experience in designing and implementing elearning solutions and MOOCs and she worked as a part of the Web2Learn team on various EU projects. In addition, to bringing her digital learning expertise, she also brings extensive experience in designing and implementing social media strategy for start-ups, senior executives and diplomats. Tatiana presented at numerous international conferences, published papers and serves as a peer reviewer in international academic journals.
Her research page at Academia.edu.Web2learn past associates
Graduate in Business Communication in Italy, has been involved as social media and digital marketing specialist in dissemination activities for the EU-funded projects MEDEA2020 and MEDEAnet, both responding to a growing pressure to provide more relevant and attractive learning opportunities to EU citizens through the use of ICT in general and media in particular. In 2011 she was part of the team that organised the annual Media & Learning Conference in Brussels, aiming to identify policies and initiatives as well as best-practice in the application of media in education and training. Since July 2011 she has been collaborating with Web2learn staff on the development of training materials for the EU-funded Web2LLP project, which aims to boost LLP project dissemination strategies through providing personalised support and training on the integration of social media, as well as through identifying best-practices and sharing resources.
Silvia was engaged in Web2LLP project.