European Commission- Erasmus+ German National Agency
Erasmus+ KA2, Higher Education sector
December 2022 – November 2025 (36 months)
Open access resource
As citizens and civil society organisations become more active in shaping policies and influencing new models of social participation, universities are called to nurture social action and civic engagement in students and academic staff. The BOLD project bridges the gap between initial teacher education and engagement in society by supporting student teachers’ civic engagement and active citizenship and by promoting the collaboration of higher education institutions with civil organisations and associations.
The project targets the development of professional skills for student teachers of different subjects, based on a double principle: first, active commitment (savoir s’engager) and activism for a more sustainable linguistic and cultural future and, second, linguistic and cultural skills for social activism.
Key project outcomes
● Open educational resources.
● Online modules.
● Design, implementation and assessment of social action projects targeting the development of professional skills for student teachers of different subjects
● University of Hamburg (GER), coordinator
● Web2Learn (GR)
● Autonomous University of Madrid (ES)
● University of Aveiro (PT)
● University of Groningen (NL)
● Université d’Aix Marseille (FR)