European Commission- Erasmus+ French National Agency
Erasmus+ KA2, Higher Education sector
December 2022 – May 2025 (30 months)
Open access resource
AGILE aims to enhance higher education institutions’ inclusivity and resilience in the face of ongoing refugee crises. The project seeks to fill in the gap in comparative studies and data that trace the pathway of graduate refugees at institutional, national and European level. The AGILE project aspires to foster academia-society cooperation to build resilience and sustainability mechanisms that are deemed indispensable in contemporary multicultural European societies.
Resilience building of higher education systems under the scope of integrating refugees in European societies will be achieved through social participation and recognition of skills in refugees’ learning pathways. The project brings together long-established as well as newly and and cross-national initiatives to tackle refugee crises in the higher education sector and its connection to society.
Key project outcomes
● A publication tracing sociolinguistic and academic integration of graduate students with a refugee background in Europe.
● An open access analysis “Promoting and sustaining the transition from refugee settlements to higher education”.
● A publication on the “Involvement of citizens in academia through digital immersion approaches”.
● Guidelines and recommendations for universities on Emergency Management at HEIs.
● Université Paris 8 (FR), coordinator
● Université Bordeaux Montaigne (FR)
● Web2Learn (GR)
● University of Ljubljana (SLO)
● Lviv Polytechnic National University (UA)
● University of Hamburg (GER)
● Kaunas University of Technology (LT)
● Polish Rectors Foundation (PL)