The PLE Conference 2011!
Following the highly successful inaugural event in Barcelona (#PLE_BCN) in 2010, this year’s PLE Conference will be held at the University of Southampton from July 11th to 13th 2011.
The PLE Conference is intended to produce a space for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas, experience and research around the development and implementation of PLEs – including the design of environments and the sociological and educational issues that they raise. Whilst the conference includes a traditional research paper strand, we particularly encourage proposals for sessions in different formats including workshops, posters, debates, café sessions and demonstrations aiming to sustain the dynamic, vibrant and interactive discussion established by the opening event in Barcelona in 2010.
Call for contributions
Deadline Saturday 26th March
The conference organisers welcome 500-800 word abstracts for full or short research papers. Submissions for other types of presentation, such as workshops, symposia, demonstrations and installations are also encouraged. These can be submitted electronically via ConfTool http://pleconf.cs.uni-paderborn.de/ . The full guidelines for submissions can be downloaded here.
Conference themes include (but are not limited to):
- Theories and frameworks for Personal Learning Environments
- Technologies and software for developing Personal Learning Environments
- PLEs in Practice (case studies, approaches to using PLEs)
- Educational institutions, change and PLEs
- Pedagogical approaches to managing personal learning
- The development and management of Personal Learning Networks
- Mobile PLEs and augmented reality
- Supporting informal and contextual learning
- Using PLEs in organisations
- Using PLEs for Work Based Learning
- Mash-up PLEs
- Presentation formats
- Future visions: Quo vadis PLE?