“Preparatory online school for children with migration background” is a new 30-month Erasmus+ KA2 project in school education starting in November 2022.
The project aims to address the linguistic and cultural barriers faced by children with a migrant background in accessing the opportunities offered by the educational systems, as well as contribute to creating inclusive environments that foster equity and equality. Welcome! focuses on teaching the local languages to migrant children in an innovative and engaging way and by bringing language and culture variety to local schools will motivate local kids for learning languages and getting to know other cultures.
The project focuses on disadvantaged students just arrived in a new country, new language,
culture and education system. It promotes a more learner-centered approach to integration, well-being and mental health for new coming learners and tools for teachers, as well as protection from bullying at school. Welcome! supports a holistic approach to integration and adaptation of migrant kids by fostering collaboration among all actors within schools, as well as with families and other external stakeholders.
Welcome! will deliver:
- A project platform for multimedia educational materials.
- A plurilingual and pluricultural integration methodology.
- A series of actions with and for migrant children (e.g. music workshops, digital storytelling, cross-cultural cooking, etc.).
- A report: “Valorising human capital in and plurilingual and pluricultural integration”.
- Multimedia materials.
- Piloting of the project’s educational repository.
- Workshops for teachers
- Study and development of a multimedia guide for teachers.
Fundacja Wspierania Kultury i Jezyka Polskiego IM. Mikolaja Reja (PL, coordinator)
Association of European Development (BG)
Lviv Polytechnic National University (UA)
Fundacja Understanding (PL)