CROssING is a 12-month project starting November 2023 and funded by the Erasmus+ Sports programme
(“Coastal rowing for a green, intergenerational and gender-balanced future”) is a project that makes coastal rowing a trigger for growth and development of European coastal zones in a future to be characterized by green, intergenerational and gender-balanced perspective. CROsING promotes both intergenerational and gender-balanced participation in sport/physical activity and places nautical clubs at the core of the debate on a green future growth for coastal zones.
The project aims to create networks based on solid connections between generations and genders through coastal rowing that will act as a bridge to unite and consolidate these bonds. CROssING contributes to a more inclusive, fairer, and vibrant society by making sports a means for individual health and fitness but also inclusive European identities and sustainable living.
- 6 local preparatory events (6 Fun & Green Days + 6 local regattas) in 6 countries
- a European Coastal Rowing and Green camp: a workshop on CR with final Flagship Regatta for athletes of all 6 clubs in an educational/sport event in Italy, during the 2024 European Week of sport
- Publicly demonstrable achievements of green, intergenerational and gender balanced practices in all 6 clubs.
- Signed Commitment of organizations in each country in Sustainable Sport-driven Local Development Agreements (SLDA), with local green activities in each country.
- Commitment to UN Sports for Generation Equality Framework 2020, a powerful multi-stakeholder coalition to make gender equality a lived reality in and through sport.
- LIGUE PROVENCE-ALPES COTE D’AZURD’AVIRON (FR), coordinator
- Club Nautico Fanese “G. Vivani” ASD (IT)
- Nautical Club of Limnos, Greece (GR)
- VESLASKI KLUB ARGO IZOLA -SOCIETA DI CANOTTAGGIO (SI)
- Ruderklub Flensburg e.V. (DE)
- CLUB REMO TORREVIEJA (ES)
- Web2Learn (GR)