Since the outbreak of the Russo-Ukrainian war, we have been engaged in a series of actions to support Ukrainian people, focusing particularly on the Ukrainian cultural heritage sector but not exclusively.
An overview of our activities so far:
- An open access collection of open innovation initiatives to safeguard Ukrainian cultural heritage. Collection available on github (click here);
- A webinar, on June 2022, on the topic “Cultural heritage threats and the role of citizen engagement inside and outside universities” (more info here);
- Participation and 3rd place at the #EUSPace4Ukraine hackathon with a Challenge on (Ukrainian) “Cultural heritage under threat” (see announcement here);
- Online session at the Europeana Conference 2022; Our session was dedicated to “Open innovation in academia-society cooperation: examples of cultural heritage preservation in a crisis situation”(recording here);
- Oral presentation at the European Citizen Science Association Conference in Berlin, 5-8 October 2022, on the topic of “Citizen science for environmental and health issues in conflict zones” (slides here).
- Online module on “Open innovation in academia-society cooperation: examples of cultural heritage preservation in situations of crisis”; module to be released as part of the EU-funded eCHOIng project.
- Idea submission about Ukrainian cultural heritage protection and preservation at the MyEUspace competition.